Paramount among sweet orange oil’s benefits is its effect on the mental and emotional systems. Well-known for its uplifting and worry-reducing properties, orange oil carries cheerfulness while simultaneously calms, making it ideal as an overall mood enhancer and relaxant. Its balancing effect on the mind and body, and its warming and joyful qualities benefit people of all ages. Its broad aromatic appeal renders it an excellent choice for diffusing in diverse groups.
Sweet orange oil finds a wide range of use in holistically supporting the body on physical, mental, and emotional levels, while its universally appealing aroma and ease of blending make it useful under almost any circumstances and a valuable addition to many formulae. On the physical level orange oil, topically applied, can promote detoxification. This action has a positive effect assisting the body both during times of wellness as well as cold season. Orange oil, when inhaled, can settle the tummy. An overall excellent skin tonic, orange oil is used to support clear skin. In the home orange oil can be used (diluted) as a powerful grease cutter and cleaning agent.
HOW TO USE SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Direct Palm Inhalation:Use several drops in direct palm inhalation to shift mental negativity and promote feelings of joy.
OTHER WAYS TO USE SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
Sweet orange essential oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser. Because of its potential phototoxic effects, it should always be diluted and dermal applications avoided before exposure to sunlight.
- Use several drops in direct palm inhalation to shift mental negativity and enliven stale air.
- Add several drops to bathwater to help eliminate toxins, boost the lymphatic and immune systems and calm the nerves.
- Add several drops orange oil to a clean damp washcloth and toss in the dryer to freshen linens.
- Add 10 drops orange oil and three drops peppermint oilto a spray bottle for a revivifying air freshener.
- Diffuse orange oil in the office or at home to create a pleasant atmosphere.
Use safety precautions, because citrus and the sun are incompatible. Citrus oils, including orange, are phototoxic, and can damage your skin if rubbed on the skin and exposed to sunlight. Do not take sweet orange essential oil internally.
INGREDIENTS (INCI): Citrus sinensis oil